Journaling seems to have become more popular these days. Why are so many people journaling? Well, journaling has many benefits. Here are my top five reasons to journal.
- Journaling evokes mindfulness. Research tells us that there is a strong connection between mindfulness and happiness. For this reason, mindfulness has become a daily goal for so many. Journaling brings you into a state of mindfulness. It provides a place to leave past frustrations, to reduce anxieties of the future and to focus on the present. It provides you with a place to have an active and consistent practice of gratitude.
- Journaling increases your emotional awareness. Journaling provides an avenue to process your emotions. By processing and managing your emotions, you are increasing your self-awareness
- Journaling helps you to achieve your goals. Journals can be used to write your goals down and create your roadmap to the future. We are more successful at achieving our goals if we write them down. Writing your goals in your journal and taking the time to chart your way to achieving your goals is extremely motivating and increases your likelihood of success.
- Journaling sparks creativity. Journaling provides an avenue for exercising your creative self. Whether it is answering journal prompts, brainstorming ideas or simply doodling, that creativity is sparked!
- Journaling improves your memory. There is a unique relationship between writing by hand and the brain. Whether it is writing down your thoughts on a topic, summarizing a talk you have listened to, or an article you have read, by writing it down you are more likely to remember the key points.
The following journals are in stock at Learn and Lead. Please feel free to give me a call ( 232 3398) or email me if you would like to stop by to arrange a time to purchase yours!